Family History Video
AllYourMemoriesOnDVD.com has been preserving family memories in Ventura County for over 20 years. Our loved ones are so special to us, it is hard to imagine life without them. Family stories around the dinner table, precious time spent reminiscing over family photo albums, and even their warm embraces are deeply missed once they are no longer with us. With our Family History Videos, you can relive the memories your loved ones leave behind for you and the generations to come.
We will capture your mother, father, grandmother, or grandfather telling their story and weave it together with photos and music to enhance the moment. We can provide a list of questions for them to reflect upon, in addition to any custom input or stories that are meaningful to the family. We provide editing for smooth transitions, and to remove any pauses or repetition. With our filming and editing experience, you will receive a beautiful family legacy preserved on video.
Preserve and share your memories with loved ones! Call us today to see what we can do for you
Family History Videos are priceless gifts that inevitably become treasured family heirlooms. Give your great grandchildren the chance to meet you and hear about their family history. Tell those you love where your family came from, what makes them special, and share your message of love for them. Capture your loved ones and their precious memories on DVD today.
If you would like to find out more about preserving your family history on video please give us a call at (805) 377-7333. We strive to capture your unique family history and would love to hear your ideas and input. Call today for a custom quote
Your Loved One's Living Legacy Video
At ESP, we realize each project is unique and each customer has different needs. Below you will find some suggestions on how to prepare for a family history video shoot, whether you have it filmed professionally or do it yourself. Before getting started, check out a great article entitled "Family History Videos" on AllYourMemoriesOnDVD.com for some helpful tips. You can also watch a video presentation we filmed at a free community event on preserving family memories. There are additional links below for related services and ways we can help.
1. Find a willing subject! Share your idea of a family history video with your loved one and how you hope to accomplish it. "Grandma, I would love to interview you sometime. You've had an interesting life and know so much about our family history. Would it be ok if I bring over some questions to ask you next time I visit? I would like to film it to share with our family. We can do it right here in your living room and just talk for 20 minutes or whatever you feel comfortable with."
2. Come up with a list of questions or topics for the interview. It can be general like "birth, early childhood, school days, high school, college/career, marriage, etc." Or you can ask more specific questions like "dad, how did you meet mom?" This approach is great for capturing cherished family stories for future generations.
3. Plan a date and setting. Choose a setting that is comfortable for your subject, has good lighting on your subject, is quiet and close enough for good sound quality, and has a nice background if possible.
4. Gather your equipment. The very basic necessities are camera(could be your phone-positioned horizontally), a tripod, and two chairs. Really that is all you need. You can prepare other materials in advance, for example photographs you want to reference or your list of questions.
5. Lights, camera, action! Once you and your subject are in place do a quick test for good audio, lighting, and framing of your subject before diving in. Make sure you are recording or have someone else there to help you. Feel free to ask follow up questions to get your loved one to open up or expand on a subject. Keep them comfortable and have fun!
Family History Video Sample: Set-up and Video Clip
This video is highly edited and professionally produced. It includes photos, B-roll, and footage from the actual interview. Your family history video can be as simple as a conversation around the table.
Find a comfortable and intimate setting for filming your history video. This video was filmed at client's home upon request and gives a sneak peek at the video set up and creation process.
“I treasure the family history my father gave on video. He enjoyed the process of sharing stories from his childhood, the lessons he learned, and the family moments that touched him most. Watching the video with my family is so special. They roll around laughing at times and huddle together with deep respect and affection at others. I am so pleased with the video and my dad feels wonderful knowing that his story will be passed on to our children. Thank you so much for this very special gift of living history.”
Not what you were looking for? Try some of the helpful links below or call us at (805) 377-7333.
AllYourMemoriesOnDVD.com can transfer your old film reels to DVD! Accepted formats include 8mm, Super 8, and 16mm films. We will bring your old film back to life in a beautiful DVD keepsake for you to share with your family and friends.
We specialize in transferring VHS and many other video formats to DVD. Protect your home movie memories from deteriorating and preserve them on DVD today! Visit our Video Transfer Page for more details and pricing.
Bring us your stacks of photographs and we will create an entertaining musical reflection video showcasing your treasured memories with animated transitions and a heartfelt soundtrack. Photomontages are perfect for celebrating lives of loved ones who have passed, weddings and engagements, birthdays, and more. Project your photomontage at memorial services, parties, and receptions to relive your memories with your guests.